Free Consultations | Available 24 / 7

Call Us262-232-6699

711 W. Moreland Blvd. Suite 100
Waukesha, WI 53188

Waukesha County Attorneys for Post Divorce Changes 

Pewaukee post judgment modification lawyer

Lawyers Help Enforce and Modify Divorce Judgments in Brookfield, New Berlin and Pewaukee

Getting through a divorce or obtaining parental rights as an unmarried parent is a difficult experience. A court order to address child support, custody, and placement concerns is vital to your parent-child relationship. Life moves on after divorce. Often substantial changes in job opportunities, income or the needs of your child can make a current child support order or custody arrangement unworkable. It is often tempting for individuals to try to work out a new arrangement with an ex-spouse when changes make it impossible to follow an existing order. Unfortunately, the order in place remains enforceable without a post-judgment modification, exposing you to great risk.

The post-judgment modification attorneys at Bucher, Wolff & Sonderhouse, LLP, in Waukesha are passionate about helping parents solve legal problems to protect their children. Obtaining a modification to an existing order is complicated. Courts in Wisconsin are diligent in protecting the best interests of children in family law disputes.

When Post-Divorce Changes Arise, We Are Here To Help

An order modification will not be granted without good reason. If you are facing a dispute over an existing support or custody order, the lawyer you choose to represent your interests can make a significant difference. Our family law litigators have substantial courtroom experience pursuing and defending post-divorce modification and enforcement issues.

We handle all manner of post-divorce disputes, including:

  • Parental and child relocations
  • Child custody and placement modifications
  • Child support modifications based upon a substantial increase or decrease in either parent's income
  • Child support enforcement actions
  • Child placement enforcement to address parental alienation

If your divorce was finalized recently, the courts will be concerned about the structure and stability that a custody and placement arrangement provides for your child. However, the courts may step in to protect the well-being of a child, especially when the well-being of the child is at stake. Common issues may involve domestic violence allegations, neglect, addiction and other concerns that can harm your child. We can explain your rights and provide the representation you need to obtain results.

Get A Free Consultation To Discuss Your Post-Divorce Dispute

If you need to modify an existing order or are facing an enforcement dispute, we invite you to contact our problem-solvers online or call 262-232-6699 to protect your rights. Our office is conveniently located just two blocks from the Waukesha County Courthouse. We represent parents in custody disputes throughout southeastern Wisconsin.

NTL BBB Best DUI Lawyers in Milwaukee EDWBA WACDL Commerce WCBA SBW
Back to Top